Nothing says the holiday season like a home made fruitcake. This year, take this tradition up a notch with our Honey Fruitcake Recipe.
- 1 cup Wai Meli Raw Honey (Christmas Berry Blossom is perfect)
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Rum Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Almond Extract
- 2 oz. Full Pulp Orange Juice
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup (packed) Mixed Dried Fruit (roughly chopped)
- 1 Orange Peel (grated)
- 1 Lemon Peel (grated)
- 1/3 cup Apricot Preserves
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds or Crushed Walnuts (if desired)
- Using a stand mixer equipped with a whisk, beat eggs on medium speed before reducing to low then drizzle in honey, oil, extracts, orange and lemon peels and juices, sugar, preserves and salt.
- Sift together baking soda and flour.
- Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl and then fold in the dried fruit.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan and top with the slivered almonds/crushed walnuts (if desired).
- Bake on the middle shelf convection oven for approximately 45 minutes at 325 degrees (until center is just firm).
- Cool on a Wire Rack.